At P.S. 119 we will be using Google Classroom to make sure students are able to continue to learn from home on a computer device or tablet. If you need support using Google Classroom watch the How to Use Google Classroom video for detailed instructions.
All students will be given a P.S. 119 School Google Account (they cannot use personal accounts). Through these accounts they will be able to access their classrooms.
Students will be expected to continue to learn from home on Google Classroom. In order to do so students can access their digital classroom through a device, like a tablet or computer.
Parents can also download a Google Classroom App on their phones to track student progress and assignments.
Download Google Classroom for Apple (iPad/ iPhone):
Download Google Classroom on an Android device:
How to Access Google Classroom
Find your classroom teacher in our Staff Directory (if your child has multiple teachers, please find them all).
Click on the teacher to view their profile. Each teacher has a Class Code listed. Use the Class Code to join the class and start learning.
Go to Google Classroom: https://classroom.google.com.
Enter the Class Code for the class you would like to join.
How to Access Your School Google Account
- Students already have school Gmail accounts set up for them.
- The accounts are based on their first name, last name, and date of birth.
- Username is: FirstName.LastName@ps119x.net
- Password: FirstNameInitalLastNameInitialMonthDayYear
- Please make sure the password starts with the first name and last name initials (lowercase).
- You will use this information to login into the student's Google Account.
- The Google Account can be accessed in different ways including through Gmail.com